Friday 23 December 2011

Chanel Les 4 Ombres Quadra Eye Shadow in 33 Prélude Review and Swatch

My first review of Chanel Les 4 Ombres Quadra Eye Shadow will be the easily worn no. 33 Prélude.


I love Chanel's quad eye shadows, and yes, the baked formulas (we get these in Europe and Asia I believe, while the US has a cream powder formula). I'm not going to go on about the formula, because I actually prefer the baked, or maybe I'm just used to the baked powders so happy with them! That's a blog for another day!

I only recently picked up Prélude because I was looking for a good natural palette and thought I'd give this palette a chance. I remember when it came out, and I swatched it in store, I thought 'nice, but kinda boring'. If you know me, I'm always attracted to the bright and sparkly first, and so sometimes what might be staples for another, are more rare amongst my makeup collection. I decided that I needed a nice boring natural palette....


Boring is a bit harsh. Like most of the Chanel quads I've bought, the colours are flattering and especially these shades are easy to wear. You can do a light natural look or even a smokey eye with these colours and I couldn't be happier with this purchase.

The quad includes 4 shades which I've done my best to describe as (from left to right, top to bottom in pan, on swatches from right to left):

  • sparkly doe taupe
  • light flesh (peach) highlighter
  • sparkly milky beige
  • rich chocolate with hints of sparkle


I find it really suits and isn't boring on at all. I would recommend this palette to anyone who's looking to start out their eye shadow collection but not sure where to start. You can't really go wrong with these shades.

These are applied dry and without primer, so you can see how sheer the colours are. Really only the chocolate is strongly pigmented.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...