Thursday 10 November 2011

YSL Ombres 5 Lumières 11 Midnight Garden Eye Shadow Review and Swatch



This was my first YSL purchase. I had long admired the pretty shimmery YSL eye shadow quints, but when I saw this autumn’s release of Midnight Garden which made me think of fairies and fairy tales, I just had to have it. This isn’t a cheap eye shadow palette either, it retails for £40 ($56 USD) on YSL’s websites. The case is a lovely gold, but I wasn’t able to get a good picture because the flash kept ruining it. All the photos in today’s post are with flash – sorry no natural light today ¬_¬  but honestly this quint is super shimmery gorgeousness that I think shines through even better in person! 


Close up of the eyeshadow pans, no. 11 Midnight Garden is contains (from top left, down, then top right and down):
  • Dark green with what looks like teal shimmer in the pan but looks light blue on my skin
  • Dark purple is the least shimmery with a red-based purple shimmer
  • Mint green with a lot of light blue shimmer
  • Liliac with silver shimmer
  • Purple with blue shimmer, but not as noticeable as mint green


Swatches on my skin with UPP as a primer/base from left to right: dark purple, dark green, purple, lilac, and mint green. 

The lilac and mint green are very sheer, while the other colours are very rich. 

I wore these colours to a party and had the foresight to snap a few shots before I dashed out the door. I used all the shades except for the dark purple, and you can really see the mint green shimmer, can’t you?
For my first YSL purchase I’m quite happy. It’s not an every-day palette for me, but it does feel luxurious and the colours just make me swoon. 

Have you tried any of YSL products?  

2 comments:

  1. They are really sparkly. Sometimes shades say they are but then don't deliver. Appears as though these do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they are very sparkly. I love sparkly in eye shadow!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...