Monday 14 November 2011

Bourjois Intense Eye Shadow Extrait de Fard Review and Swatch: 01 Beige D'or and 03 Sable Rose





I saw these in Boots and thought I'd give them a try. I have to say I'm a bit of snob when it comes to make-up, or at least if you look through my stash it looks like I am - most of my stuff is high end and brand name. Honestly though, if something is cheap and it delivers, then I'll happily stick with a drugstore or knock-off brand. My wallet and bank account definitely would prefer it if I stuck to the cheaper items!

Having said that, I had high hopes for these Bourjois eyeshadows. On a recent holiday in Paris, I'd heard rumour that Bourjois is made in the same factory as Chanel. In fact, they are sister companies, or something like that. These shadows are also baked, just like Chanel's non-US eyeshadows, so when these sparkles caught my eye, I couldn't pass up the chance to try them out at only £6.99 each.

I decided on trying 01 Beige D'or, a sparkly sheer gold and 03 Rose Sable, a sparkly bubblegum pink.



One of the selling points of this product is that it can last up to 16 hours' wear, however I found these did not last 16 hours on my lids, even when I used a primer (Urban Decay Primer Potion). The sparkles fell out throughout the day, so I had a bit of glitter on my cheeks, and after 7 hours at work I had visible creasing. Totally not cool. I was not impressed and kind of let down by these. Perhaps my standards were too high?

Sadly these aren't as amazing as Chanel's baked shadows. They also were nothing like any Japanese brands I've tried. It's hard not to compare them as they are so sparkly and sheer. I've read other reviews however where they've found it worked a treat and lasted 16 hours, so who knows? They might be worth a shot if you want to give them a chance. They won't break your budget and they are available at chemists and drug stores in the UK and US where you can swatch-before-you-buy. I think these are a good addition to my collection as I wear shades like these on a daily basis, so I'm bound to use them. Although if the creasing keeps happening, I may chuck 'em.




What do you think? Do you have any drug store favourites?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...