Saturday 19 November 2011

Non-permanent Hair Dyes - Clairol Nice'n Easy and L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss

On my way home from work last night I decided I'd stop into Boots and pick up a few things. I was actually lusting after a red lip gloss in the Chanel 2011 Holiday collection: Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss in Triomphal. (Reviews here at Temptalia and at Cafe Makeup) Sadly, it was *already* sold out! I was gutted.

But before I realised it was sold out, I was browsing away and fell in love with another in the collection, the lipstick Rouge Allure Luminous Satin Lip Colour 197 Enivree, a sparkly pink. Then I needed to spend more money (there was a special offer on yesterday at Boots - spend £50 get £10 in points) so I ended up buying a few more things than I strictly needed. I also picked up the Chanel eyeshadow quad 33 Prelude which I've been eyeing for awhile now. I'll blog about these beauties soon, but I also picked up some non-permanent hair dyes.



I haven't home dyed my hair since I was in school. Yes, it's really been that long! I always opt for the salon and letting a professional working her mojo. I also stopped dying my hair for a few years and really enjoyed my natural colour. Although, like most women, I then got bored and wanted a change. So I've gone from natural dark blonde to super light blonde and back. Actually, my hair is still blonde now, a bit lighter than natural, but because I had my hair bleached so light, ever time I dye it, the dye sorta washes out and I'm back to blonde eventually.

That's a story for another day.... the point is, now that my semi-perm professional colour has washed out and money is a bit tighter, I thought I'd look at the non-permanent hair dyes available for DIY. I picked up 3:

  • L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss 810 Pearl Blonde
  • Clairol Nice'n Easy 93 Light Golden Red
  • Clairol Nice'n Easy 96 Lightest Golden Brown

I'm curious to see what happens, but also still worried about damaging my hair. They don't have ammonia so that's good, but they do have some peroxide so I'm not sure. I will definitely strand test. I've read some mixed reviews that the colours on the box don't always reflect the result, so I'm feeling pretty hesitant. 

Have you used any home dye hair products? Any recommendations? 

2 comments:

  1. I use L'Oreal Garnier Nutrisse for home dye jobs. I've never had any mishaps and I love it. It gives me a bold, rich color that lasts (I use the permanent formula-stubborn greys already!). I'm a fan of doing it at home, unless it's something major. Then I totally go to the salon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to see if they do a non-perm variety! Although, I hope I won't need more hair dye for awhile! Sorry to hear about those greys, how annoying!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...