Tuesday 26 March 2013

I'll punish you in the name of second winter



I dunno about you, but it's freezing here. Like, ridiculously cold. It was snowing the last two weekends. We're going to change our clocks to British Summertime and it's 0 degrees C (that's 32 F) out there! This is not right. Not right. It should be spring.

In attempts to keep warm, I've been cranking the heating up, which kinda sucks, cos heating is really expensive, so that means less money for shopping. Boo. But I did manage to buy some new mugs. Well... I am drinking all those extra cups of tea to stay warm.



Here they are, my latest purchases - 3 Sailor Moon mugs of Sailor Mars, Sailor Jupiter, and Sailor Venus. There are actually 6 in this series (that I could find), including Sailor Moon, Sailor Mercury, and Tuxedo Mask. I couldn't resist the full set, but for some reason I couldn't get the others sent to the UK, so my Sailor Moon, Sailor Mercury, and Tuxedo Mask mugs are awaiting for me and my mom's house in the US.

However, thought I'd share with you.



The mugs are white with some grey scale and a bit of colour on each mug. They're pretty muted in terms of colour. From looking online I really thought they might be grey, rather than white, but there ya go.

Each mug features a Sailor senshi/scout/soldier drawn in one colour (Mars was in light blue, Jupiter in green, and Venus in yellow) with the official Sailor Moon logo, and the planet symbol on the 'back' They also have the text 'I'll punish you in the name of Mars/Jupiter/Venus' running across the top and bottom.












These retail for between $15 to $25 USD. Are they worth it? Hm, maybe not. They aren't amazing. I would have preferred to see brighter colours and a more colourful design, but they are official Sailor Moon products and the release includes more than just Sailor Moon (other senshi/soldiers feature equally) which is a real plus for me. So they were worth it for me. I recently cleared out some room in my kitchen cupboard and I think if I hadn't bought these, it would have bothered me. Plus I'm obcessed with 'cute' crockery. I have so many mugs, bowls, and plates with kitties, bears, Snoopy, Hello Kitty, or Miffy on them it's unreal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...