Tuesday 19 March 2013

Staying... erm, Getting in shape!

On the topic of health and staying getting in shape, which I view as a type of beauty regime, I want to share some of what I've been up to lately. Yes, it's important to feel good as well as look good! Well, I sadly piled on some unwanted pounds, like over 2 stone (that's 14 lbs in American) in the last 18 months. And not really sure what the reason was.



Okay, I did pig out majorly - I call it treating myself. I wasn't exercising as much as I was before. I also had a series of minor ills that needed me to take a lot of antibiotics (seriously I think I was on them for like 3 months straight). I used that as a pretty good excuse for not getting my workout on.

So there's never a good time to start a new workout regime. At least not in my book. But I missed fitting into my clothes. Altho I've never been a skinny b*tch, I am short and have usually had no problem fitting into high street or main fashion retailers' clothes.... until recently, that is. That kinda got me motivated.



So since January this year I've been going all out. Okay, not totally, cos, let's be honest, I'm pretty lazy about this stuff, but I have made some big changes. I started getting meals from Diet Chef, and made an effort to work out even if it's only 10-20 minutes a day. I then started logging onto SparkPeople again. I also did a SparkPeople 28 Day bootcamp DVD which really helped. I also bought Jillian Micheal's 30 Day Shred DVD but I haven't managed to try it yet. Hey, baby steps right?

I have noticed I have more energy and altho I still find working out totally dull and a chore, I am enjoying the benefits of it. I feel more awake when I erm, um, am, well, awake. I sleep better, and I think I'm genuinely a happier person. Win. I just have to remember to keep exercising. That's the hard part.

Also, I have lost half a stone (aka 7 lbs) since I started. Small victories. Yes, I had hoped to have lost more by now, but I still have the odd cake or entire box of cookies, as ya do. But I also workout now. Or at least try to, twice a week. I promise.

I also wanted to share the latest in my workout escapades. I bought this ages ago, but only got around to finally testing it out yesterday.



It's a game for the Wii called 'Mom-chan's Diet Wii Figureobics by Jung Da Yeon.' Jung Da Yeon is a 43 year old Korean mother with 2 kids who one day decided she wanted to get in shape. And well, Bam! Look what happened!


Before

After

Figureobics is her style of workout that will help you get that killer body that she has. I've only done one full session, which covered all the moves and it was a pretty killer 45 minutes. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a wee bit sore today. I can only hope to look something like that after all the working out! Who knows, maybe I can pursue that Jpop career after all, only time will tell!

I'll be sure to keep you updated.

Do you guys do anything wacky or even completely boring and normal to keep fit?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...