Saturday 5 May 2012

Chanel Illusion D'Ombre Émerveillé Review

Chanel's autumn release of cream powder eye shadows the Illusion D'Ombre has had every blogger I've read fairly excited. Well, it isn't every day that Chanel bring out a new range!

I actually checked all these out at the Chanel counter already and decided that I couldn't live without Epatant, an olive silver. Émerveillé (82) was actually not my first choice. It's a beautiful dusty pink peach. This is a go-to colour for my eyes, but I wasn't initially drawn to this, simply because I already have so much peach and pink. It really had to have something to make me want it. After umming and awwing, for awhile, I finally made my mind up and gave in.

The texture is amazing, very soft and easy to blend. Really unique in the eye shadow world. Or is it? Actually, I couldn't help but compare this with Jill Stuart's eye jellies. The Jill Stuart eye jellies are wetter, more sparkly, and scented. I wanted to see how Émerveillé matched up with Jill Stuart Jelly Eye Color N in 03 Platinum Satin (ジルスチュアート ジェリーアイカラーN 03 platinum satin).



Value? Although the Chanel looks bigger, there is only 4g of product, while you get 6g in the Jill Stuart. Of course, if the eye jelly weighs more because it's wetter, maybe this explains it? Actually when I look at the actual pots, it does look like you get more product with Jill Start. The Chanel comes with an applicator brush, which I haven't had a need for, but the packaging is understated Chanel. I could actually have done with a lighter packaging as the extra glass around the product just make it more cumbersome to carry around. Jill Stuart have a real princess feel to their packaging and this one is spot on. Small and fancy.

Okay, so they aren't the same. The Chanel is more subtle shimmer and the Jill Stuart is all glittery sparkle. I've had émerveillé for a couple months now and have to say, at first I wasn't too excited about this colour, thinking it would barely show on my eyelids. But I've worn it to work a lot, for a natural eye but better look with some dark eyeliner and I really like it. It just gives enough colour, but it's definitely not for a night-out, unless you use it as a base really. 

Have you tried any of the Chanel Illusion D'Ombre cream eye powders or Jill Stuart Jelly Eye Colors?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried the Chanel eye shadows, though I do love the lip sticks and foundations. Not that I can buy them, except as a rare treat. Jill Stuart I've not heard of until now.

    Autumn collections coming out already, it's hard to keep up.

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Chanel lipsticks and foundations. The glossimers are amazing too! Haha, I'm so behind, this was actually the autumn last year >_< x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...