Monday 28 January 2013

Broke the spending ban for an OPI sale

My wallet has been hard hit by the holiday season last year, so I've been trying to be good with my spending. This means that I really have to be careful with my beauty purchases. In fact, I'm even being so good that as long as I have something similar that I can use, I won't allow myself to buy something new. For example, I have a tonne of eyeshadows, so I can't buy any more until I use them up. Harsh, but sensible.

Well... at least for now. We'll see how long I can last.

Honestly, I have been pretty successful. Partially due to bad luck (I had various illnesses in the lead-up to the holiday season) and maybe a bit of good luck, it turns out I hadn't bought any makeup purchases since ...  October maybe? I can only say I didn't buy any makeup cos I did buy some beauty products, but only as needed. And I bought some clothes, and shoes... which weren't needed. I'm only human. *shrug*

Did I mention it was my birthday a couple weeks ago? Yeah, well that and the fact that Lena White was having a sale on OPI lead me down the path to my first gratuitous beauty purchase this year.

A little aside: I haven't been using much nail polish lately as I've had a finger infection that is still clearing up. In anticipation of being able to wear nail polish again, nail polish seemed like the perfect treat.

Also, did I mention there's a January sale on OPI at Lena White? Yeah, that helped!



Especially as I really wanted a couple of polishes from OPI's Holland collection (Spring/Summer 2012), and why not pick up one not on sale, from the Germany collection (Autumn 2012).

The colours I bought (from left to right):
  • Gouda Gouda Two Shoes 
  • Wooden Shoe Like To Know?
  • Nein! Nein! Nein! OK Fine! 

I can't wait to try them. Sadly that won't be for another month at least.

But I do recommend the sale, especially since they have my favourite greens on sale: Don't Mess With OPI and Jade is the New Black.

Actually I might be tempted back to try Avoplex High Intensity Hand and Nail Cream. Ah, how much money is in my account again? ;) 

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...