Sunday 30 December 2012

Clinique Chubby Stick in 07 Super Strawberry Review

The last time I was out shopping with my stepmom she was going on about Clinique chubby sticks. I'd never heard of them before, and when she gave me one in colour 07 super strawberry, I thought I'd share my thoughts. 



I have to admit I've not used Clinique cosmetics before. I am a big fan of their skincare range, however honestly, their makeup looked kinda dull and never attracted me. I guess I wouldn't have tried these chubby sticks either if my stepmom hadn't given me one.



I'm actually pretty impressed with this and pleasantly surprised. There is a fair amount of colour and my lips like the feel of it. Although for the price, I'm not sure I'd recommend it. In fact, I still prefer my Revlon Lip Butters, and actually Super Strawberry reminds me a bit of my Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle, which is a much more purse-friendly option. I would even go so far as to say that I think the Clinique Chubby Sticks are meant to compete with the Revlon Lip Butters, although at twice the price I'm not really sure how. At least with brands like Chanel there's a bit a weight to the brand and clout associated with their cosmetic products, but I don't know anyone who would be ashamed to carry Revlon in their bag but be impressed by Clinique (i.e. I don't see Clinique as a prestige brand - what do you think?). The packaging also isn't very lush in my opinion. Yes, cute, but certainly not worth a higher price tag.

Having said all that, however I do really like my Chubby Stick. I just won't be purchasing any more.

Clinique chubby stick lip moisturizing lip colour balms are available for $16.00 US or £16.00 in up to 16 shades.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...