Monday 30 January 2012

Jill Stuart Jelly Eye Color N 18 Bird Flutter Review and Swatch

Jill Stuart Jelly Eye Color N Bird Flutter

I've already raved about how this was my top pick from Jill Stuart's Spring release here, but it's finally arrived and I'm ready to review it! Okay, it arrived ages ago, I've just been busy. But hopefully the wait is worth it!


Jill Stuart Jelly Eye Color Ns (the N is for 'new' I imagine, as the previous range was Jelly Eye Color) are one of my favourite products from Jill Stuart Beauty. They are super soft, and sparkly, and they don't fall out! They also have a lovely sweet smell to them, but you don't notice it once it's applied, so if you don't like the scent, it's no biggie. I just think it's a nice touch.

indoor light with flash

Oh yes, and of course, the packaging is lush. I love it. So delicate and lovely, yet sturdy and not cheap-feeling. What a great explanation, it's like I'm a wizard with words or something ¬_¬


natural ligh (OMG! this hardly ever happens!)



Jill Stuart describe Bird Flutter as 'coral orange, like a harmony of small birds happily singing together'. Aww, isn't that sweet? Hrm, yeah I'm not exactly sure I follow, but 'coral orange' sounds right to me. I think it's actually a peachy-colour, which is no suprise to JS fans (most of their releases are pink, pink, and more pink).

It is very pigmented! I have worn it a couple times so far, and it's amazingly bright! I've swatched it below for you.

It's gorgeous though and I'm glad I didn't miss out on this one! Whaddya think?


(left/bottom) layered application, (right/top) sheer application


Speaking of princesses...

Jill Stuart always makes me feel like a princess, and since I've been buying Sailor Moon pigments lately, I'm feeling sentimental, so thought I'd share a song from Sailor Moon - Tuxedo Mirage (タキシード・ミラージュ). It's subtitled, but in Japanese. Sorry, tried to find a good clip with English and Japanese. If you're curious for a translation of the lyrics, here ya go.


2 comments:

  1. That's a lovely color! Very shimmery but in a classy/fun way.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...