Friday 14 September 2012

Est Dual Emotion Eyes 02 Review

I want to share one of my favourite eyeshadow palettes with you today: Est dual emotion eyes  (エステ ヂュアルエモーション アイズ) in shade 02.


Est is a high-end makeup store brand and part of the Kao Corporation.

This eye palette is my first (and so far only) Est purchase. I debated about trying an Est palette for ages. Mainly because I haven't seen as many reviews online as I have for Lunasol and Jill Stuart. I also haven't had as much a chance to see any Est counters. Est products are also pretty expensive, so I didn't really want to take a gamble with my money. However, I did give this peachy palette in the dual emotion eyes release a spin.

These retail for 5,775 yen and are available at Ichibankao.


No. 2 is what I would call a 'peach' palette, I would describe the four colours in the quad as follows (top row, left to right, then bottom row, left to right):
  • gold shimmer
  • metallic copper
  • frosty peach
  • matte brown (with a hint of shimmer)



These colours are sheer, yet the brown is rather pigmented and a perfect everyday palette. The formula and texture on these is so incredibly smooth. Even though it looks pretty sparkly, there's no fallout, and the colours blend really easily. You could apply and blend this shadow with your finger if that's all you had! 

Although Est provide some ideas of how to apply this palette (see below). I suspect they've named it dual emotion eyes because they suggest two ways of applying this look, each using only two of the colours.



I however, used all four colours to create this look.




This has only left me wanting more Est! I can't recommend this highly enough. As it's fairly expensive, it takes me a while to make a choice!

Here are the available shades in Dual Emotion Eyes collection:


I am tempted by 01 (although I'm not sure about the yellowish shade) and 03.

Est also have another eyeshadow series - the Emotional Multiple Eyes collection. I'm attracted to no. 09, although I am intrigued by 06 and 08 as well.



Have I tempted you to try Est? Or even better, have you tried any Est products?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...