Tuesday 4 September 2012

Moon Crisis Power Makeup! Kiss Cosmetics Mix Heart and Mix Moon Review



For some background on Kiss cosmetics and the Mix Heart Blush and Mix Moon Highlighter release, please see my first part of this blog here.

So I'm excited to say that I've got my hands on a Mix Heart blush in 02 Apricot Pink and a Mix Moon highlighter in 01 Pink Sherbert.

Before I can get to my review and the swatches, I have to say that part of the appeal for these for me really was the design. I love the heart and moon motif, and as a Sailor Moon fan, it just reminds me so much of Sailor Moon and Sailor Chibi Moon's transformation brooches.




Okay, let's start with the blush: Mix Heart in 02 Apricot Pink



The blushes feature a darker colour with a lighter shimmer colour.


I would describe the two shades in Apricot Pink (02) as a peach and light pink. Both colours have a lot of shimmer. The darker colour leans to the pink side of peach, and is fairly pigmented.

Kiss Cosmetics Mix Heart Blush 02 Apricot Pink swatches


Moving on to the highlighter: Mix Moon in 01 Pink Sherbert


Like the blushes, there are two shades in the Mix Moon compacts. Pink Sherbert is the lighter of the two Mix Moon compacts available. The other looked more beige to me.


I would describe the crescent moon colour as a pale pink, and the lighter shade as white. They both have a lot of shimmer. They were hard to catch on camera, but I think the swatch below does them justice.

Kiss Cosmetics Mix Moon Pink Sherbert (01) highlighter swatches


I really enjoy using both of these. They apply really well and I find them very wearable. You might not like them if you don't like shimmer. Although you really notice the shimmer in the pan and in the swatches, because you only lightly dust it on your face, it's not that noticeable.



Each comes with a small brush which can fit inside of the clear case (no mirror) and retails for  1,200 yen (before tax) each in Japan, and are available from Ichibankao now. 



I imagine you could live without these, but they are precious and not too expensive. Also they are very good quality, and I'm not disappointed with my purchases at all.

I think Sailor Moon and Sailor Chibi Moon would approve as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...