Sunday 5 February 2012

Winter Blues: candles, tea, manga and a sneak peak of spring makeup

Okay, I'll admit it. I've got a case of the Winter Blues.

The days are short and busy, and it's freezing out. I feel like hibernating.


Snowy evening in my 'hood

I don't fight the feeling. I wrap up in blankets, curl up with a cup of tea in front of the TV or a with a good book (sometimes the book isn't good).

One of my favourite teas 

I just read the latest English translation of volume 1 of the Sailor Moon manga by Takeuchi Naoko. I actually read this as a child in French translation (the Glenat release), and then later I read them all in Japanese. For those who were fans, the Mixx/Tokyo Pop translations were pretty disappointing.



The latest releases are by Kodansha, the Japanese publisher of the Japanese manga, and the translations are much better. Okay, to be fair, I don't have my Japanese manga with me to truly compare, but I'm pretty impressed. I love love loved this series as a child, a teenager, and well okay, I guess I never stopped loving it. I'm happy to see it being re-released in English with a better translation for more people to be able to read this amazing story!

I also like to light some candles to help me relax.

Coventry Creations candles

Even tho, I love to stay in when it's cold, I did venture out into the snow today and built a little snowman for one of my besties. And yes, it's supposed to be minimal, so he's not supposed to have a face. :P




Also I'm planning my next giveaway and really excited about it. I really want to know what my lovely readers want, so please vote in the poll (it's on the right hand scroll towards the top of the page/post). You can vote for more than one option, or leave me a comment, send me a tweet, etc!

Fear not, I will get back to beauty blogging! In the meantime, I thought you might like a sneak peak of some of what I've got coming up!

Lunasol spring release
Update: 

Visée meets blondy spring limited editions
Update:





Update: Enter my White Day giveaway to win one of these!









Paul  & Joe Matte Pressed Powder - Spring limited edition


Pigments from Victorian Disco Cosmetics
Updates:

Accessorize lip glosses

Do you have the Winter Blues? What do you do to beat them? 

4 comments:

  1. The snowman is so awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah!! My very own snowman!!! Awwwww.....thankies, Isolde!!! You're so wonderful!! I love you, bestie!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome. He's still holding on but mostly melted now! Next time let's build one together! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...