Sunday 11 March 2012

3.11 Anniversary

Today marks the one year anniversary of the 9.0 earthquake and tsunami in Northern Japan.

I don't have anything to say that hasn't been said before. Obviously this was a very sad event, and I wanted to share with you a documentary of the children victims of the tsunami that aired on the BBC.  It's very much worth watching, although it's both sad and uplifting, either way, these children are amazing.

I wish peace and recovery for all those affected, and may we remember those who were lost. Nature is both beautiful and terrifying.

I also can't help noticing that sakura or cherry blossoms in Oxford are starting to bloom, which reminds us of the ephemeral nature of life.




2 comments:

  1. It's sad too how it's just dropped off the radar with the media here. Not newsworthy any more. But the country is still dealing with the consequences of that day and will be for some time to come.

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get all my news online, so I still heard about it, but then I guess I'm more interested than others maybe. I feel for those children, and can't believe how amazingly strong they are! This documentary was so moving. Thanks for stopping by, Ali! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...